Lubricating oil blending process
Blending is the last important process in the process of lubricating oil preparation. According to the formula of oil products, the components of lubricating oil base oil and additives are added into the blending container in proportion and order, mixed evenly by means of mechanical mixing (or compressed air mixing), pump pumping circulation, pipeline static mixing, etc., and then sampled and analyzed according to the product standard. After passing the analysis, it is the official product.
Usually, after refining by the refinery, only several base oils with different viscosities are obtained, such as atmospheric third line, minus second line, minus third line, minus fourth line and bright oil (i.e. high viscosity oil obtained from deasphalting and refining of vacuum residue). Many brands of lubricating products are often prepared by mixing two or more base oil components with different viscosities in a certain proportion (which is often called the blending ratio). The blending of base oil components is the basis of lubricating oil product blending.
Lubricating oil production process
(1) Calculation of viscosity and blending ratio of mixed oil:
After the oil with different viscosities is mixed, its viscosity is not an additive relationship, but should be calculated by the following formula
Where V, V1 and v@ -- kinematic viscosity of 1-component and 2-component mixed oil, (mm2/s);
N1, N2 -- the mixing ratio of 1 and 2 components of oil,% (decimal in calculation, n1=1-n2).
(2) Change of mixed oil properties:
When two or more component oils are blended to synthesize the oil with the required viscosity, not only the viscosity does not become the arithmetic mean value, but also some other property indicators do not have the arithmetic mean value. Generally, there are many cases that favor the properties of the component oils with lower properties. For example:
1. The flash point of oil products mixed with component oils with different flash points is generally inclined to the flash point of component oils with low flash point, that is, the flash point decreases.
2. The condensation point of oil products mixed with component oils with different condensation points is generally higher than that of high condensation point component oils, that is, the phenomenon of rising condensation point.
3. The viscosity index of oil products mixed with component oil with different viscosity index generally tends to the viscosity index of high viscosity index group oil. In a certain range, it also shows certain additivity, that is, the phenomenon of viscosity index rising.
4. The oil properties of oil products mixed with component oils with different oil properties generally show a linear relationship with the arithmetic mean value.
5. Other indicators of mixed oil, such as acid value, ash, impurities, carbon residue, etc., are additivity indicators.
Lubricating oil working circuit
The above is a detailed introduction of lubricant OEM manufacturers. I hope it can help you. If you have any questions, please contact us. We will provide services for you with a professional attitude https://www.smxnykj.com/